Fans can immerse themselves in new ways at live music events around the world with a suite of customisable augmented reality (AR) products from Live Nation.
The live entertainment company is teaming up with automotive manufacturer Hyundai to debut the AR products at the 25th annual Music Midtown festival in September and demonstrate their capabilities for brands.
Hyundai will execute creative experiences for fans onsite and offsite to promote and explore new features of the completely redesigned 2020 Sonata.
Live Nation’s initial suite of AR products includes:
- AR Livestream: By downloading the Music Midtown app, fans from around the world will be able to click on AR Livestream and point the app to a flat surface from which a three-dimensional (3D), four-sided viewer that can be rotated will appear for them to view selected performances live from the festival. Hyundai will be integrated into the experience by showcasing a custom 3D version of the 2020 Sonata
- AR VIP Access: Fans onsite and offsite will be able to experience distinctive vantage points from Music Midtown that are typically reserved exclusively for industry insiders, including side stage, backstage and front of house soundboard. Hyundai’s 2020 Sonata will also be integrated into the experience.
- AR Fest Lens: Fans attending select festivals will be able to point their smartphone toward any of the stages and a lineup will appear identifying which artists will be performing, as well as upcoming acts.
- AR Intermission: This unlocks the opportunity for brands to creatively reimagine what the stage can look like in between sets, creating memorable, engaging entertainment experiences for fans at concerts and festivals.
- AR Photo Opp: This will identify iconic and/or branded backdrops within venues and festivals. Fans can then snap photos with unique AR filters complete with custom 3D artwork that effectively blend the digital and physical worlds to help fans capture, share and relive the experience.
“More than 90% of live music fans globally say brands can enhance the live experience, and augmented reality presents endless opportunities,” commented Kevin Chernett, executive vice president of global partnerships and content distribution at Live Nation.
“The ability to drive culture through creativity while also adding value to fans allows brands to elevate expectations at live music events.”
Dean Evans, chief marketing officer at Hyundai Motor America, added: “The 2020 Sonata is Hyundai’s most technologically advanced sedan ever that aims to make the daily ride better.”
“That’s why partnering with Live Nation to utilise the latest in AR technologies to enhance the fan experience is in perfect alignment. Our mission with the partnership is to naturally integrate the Sonata and its premium design and suite of technology features into the AR experience in a way festival goers are sure to appreciate.”
Image credit: Live Nation